Baycentric would like to publically state that we strongly oppose the SOPA & PIPA (HR3261 & S968) bills that are currently being debated in congress. SOPA/PIPA authors and supporters insist the purpose for these bills is to prevent internet piracy. Yet with strict censorship rules along with copyright regulations, they are trying to take full control of our public internet. These bills are a threat to the freedom of the internet and are a giant step in the wrong direction. We are opposed to any legislation that silences freedom of speech, restricts innovation, and prevents the open sharing of information on the internet.
What is SOPA & PIPA?
Companies that also strongly oppose SOPA & PIPA
Let Congress know you OPPOSE H.R. 3261 “Stop Online Piracy Act” (SOPA) and S. 968 “Protect IP Act” (PIPA):
- Reverse Robocall ALL pro-SOPA MOC + Key Lobbyists (Genius! More info on Ars Technica)
- Phone your Member of Congress the old fashioned way (House) (Senate)
- Contact Senators who are refusing to meet with constituents about SOPA/PIPA.
- EFF Congressional Emailer – Oppose Internet Blacklisting (SOPA & PIPA)
- ECA Congressional Emailer – Don’t Censor Our Internet!
- OpenCongress Congressional Emailer – Oppose SOPA
- Generic Congressional Emailer (You’ll need your Zip+4)
- Outside the US? Sign Petition Opposing US Censorship of Global Sites (EFF)
Learn more about SOPA, Protect IP (PIPA), and Internet Blacklisting:
- Growing Chorus of Opposition to SOPA
- Open Letter against SOPA from 83 Prominent Internet Engineers
- Why SOPA and Protect IP (PIPA) are Bad, Bad Ideas (Techdirt)
- Piracy not a problem, SOPA/PIPA unnecessary (Tim O’Reilly on GigaOM)
- SOPA News (Google News)
- SOPA Wikipedia entry
- SOPA FAQ (CNET)