Release Notes: Magento Community Edition 2.0.2
This release resolves issues that some users encountered while upgrading from Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.0.1 using a compressed archive file (.zip, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2). For a detailed description, see the technical bulletin Issues upgrading to 2.0.1 (Jan. 28, 2016).
The content of this release does not include changes to the code, and the issues might not directly impact your current installation, provided that:
- You installed Magento 2.0.x using either
However, if you installed Magento 2.0.1 from an archive, you will encounter problems later with future upgrades. For this reason, we highly recommend that you upgrade your installation to Magento Community Edition, version 2.0.2.
- Magento no longer throws an exception or fatal error when upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.
- You can now successfully upgrade from Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.0.1 using
- You can now upgrade from Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.0.1 using
- If your server runs PHP 7, the updater application no longer throws an error during the Magento upgrade process. See the technical bulletin for more information.