If your website doesn’t have a content management system, you are missing out on one of the greatest pieces of your overall web presence. A CMS can reduce costs, help you optimize your site and give you the freedom to make changes that work for you.
First, let’s define our terms. A content management system (or CMS) is a system that allows you to do a number of things. A CMS can:
- Allow a number of people to contribute to and share stored data on your website
- Allow a number of people to add or edit content and reduce duplicate input
- Improve overall communication among the system’s users (you can control who has access to it)
The best reason for a CMS, however, is that you can add or update content when you want to, not when a web designer is available to do the work for you.
Here are three reasons why you should consider adding a CMS.
- Save money. Before a CMS, you would call or email your web designer when you need something updated or fixed. They might update a photo gallery for you or do something as small as fix a spelling error. These tiny fixes result in a bill to you. If you have your website on a CMS, you can make these changes when you need to and in cost-saving fashion. Your web designer avoids little bits of unchallenging work and you avoid the bill.
- Optimize your site. If search engine optimization is important to you (and we know it should be), having a CMS can help you to optimize your site much better. You can add content more frequently, which is a happy moment for Google, and you can update photos and other elements of your site often as well. These are all prized by Google.
- Gain some freedom. When you have your site built on a CMS platform, you can make tiny changes on your own. You don’t have to try and explain to your web designer via a phone call or email what you want and hope that it gets done to your vision. Instead, you can hop on when the time suits you and make the changes yourself. Best of all, you can do this anytime, whether you’re at your lake home on vacation or sitting on your couch in front of the television.
Making this change doesn’t have to be difficult or painful and the benefits are substantial. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of a content management system for your own site, contact us at Baycentric to schedule a free consultation.